Wednesday 8 July 2009

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday

A different angle from me this morning! I meant to get the little calendar in (bottom right), but of course have chopped off the date - slightly stupid photographer! So. After last week, I had a jolly good tidy and was winning the battle of working on top of other stuff and generally putting stuff away as I went along. (Not that making 6 cards to hold CDs was really causing me to need masses of stuff, but you know how I like to blow my own trumpet.) That's changed then. The window under which my desk sits is actually a stable door, and it's lovely to sit in the open doorway and pretend that I'm getting full on fresh air and being outsidey while I'm not. So that possibly would explain why my mucky gardening gloves are delicately lodged on the back edge of the desk....I think perhaps I really was doing something in the garden and the phone may have rung. Something that required me to put my gloves in the nearest open window, anyway - I would never have put them there if I'd come back into the house wearing them, for sure!

Then there's the apparently floating plastic bag from Paperchase. Oh man that shop is like a magnet to me, it only takes a sheet of wrapping paper to make me happy. It often ends up being more, though. I have no will power. The bag was slung on the desk on Monday evening after a trip to Salisbury, and pushed out of the way last night when I wanted to carry on working on the album that will be a gift for my sweet Mother in Law next week on her birthday. It's a word book (PARTY) and shows the few photos I took at their recent Golden Wedding Anniversary party. Sadly there aren't many, and they aren't great - I was involved in catering and such, so my camera was very under-employed for a change! Of course I put out a call for people to send me their photos but haven't had a single one. Honestly, it's harder than getting an RSVP these days!
I think that those are the best explanations and excuses I can come up with for my desk this morning. It will change after lunch, there's workshop preparations to be made and I need a 'clean slate' so as not to forget anything. Share your work surface with us won't you? Leave a comment so we can visit you on this WOYWWednesday.

10 comments:

Angie said...

Have posted WOYWW.
That Party book looks really good.When ever I dont take my camera or am involved in doing catering etc no one else seems to bother to take photos.Did you see others snapping or were they relying on you?
Ah ... your type face has changed too ... maybe it's due to blogger not my change to Mozilla

Teresa said...

I have posted mine too Mrs Dunnit! A bit of a rush job I am afraid, but didn't want to miss two weeks, I would have needed a note! :)

Myzdamena said...

Not quite sure how this works but I saw Carmen post hers before and here is mine lol http://myzdamenasworld.blogspot.com/ well I think it's there not sure what to do :) - not so sure how I even get any cards done on there but I sometimes do hehe

Paige said...

I think I can see a amy butler tote in the background of the first piccy!!! aren't they just the best!! I'm a little bit of a paperchase fan as well. sadley like many other shops we don't have one on the island and i miss going in and stroking all the beautiful wrapping papers, books and folders :(

lisa said...

I love your workspace wednesday photos and all the background behind everything. You are a lady after my own heart with mucky gardening gloves cropping up in unlikely places!!!!

Lisax

voodoo vixen said...

I am so glad its not just me that can't get photos out of people (read kids). Last September we were in the UK for my son's graduation... now note... DH flew in from Saudi, I flew down from Scotland and my Mum flew in from France... so no small event eh? We then had a meal with DH's kids and my side (the first one in our entire marriage) and everyone took photos... and yes, I have asked, I requested, I hinted, I demanded, I have called in reinforcements (DH... tell them I want the photos)... the book is made... it has been for 10 months... still not a darn photo out of any of them!!

CoventryAnn said...

Love that alphabet stamp set, as an alpha junkie, i might need that one... what is it???

Lyn said...

Bad blogger here - my excuse is Wednesday night crafting friend needed cheering up so we went out to eat and the only thing on my desk on our return were empty glasses and bottles of port and lemonade (only one of each I hesitate to add!)

Ginny said...

thanks for the comment, just to answer ur questions...in the round box is all wooden letters..and the "all the sames" are toppers for um...reindeer poo...well you asked...lol

Kim Dellow said...

Tee Hee another fab looksie at your desk! Kim