Sunday 11 October 2009

There's always a story...

This is another from the acetate workshop, a nice tag. Well, I like it!

So here's a story - it's about me of course, and will answer a teeny amount of confusion. On UKS and other forums I join, and here of course, and most importantly on the back of cards that I make and subsequently sell, I am Julia Dunnit. Actually, I rarely sell cards anymore, and even more rarely bother to stamp a witty 'handmade' stamp and write my name on the back of each card. Probably the two are connected. But when I do 'create' something daahling, if I have to, I sign it Julia Dunnit. Done it, see? Because I did do it. (are you with me? Hang on, it gets even more yawn inducing.) When I started this blog thingy, it seemed natural to use my forum name because it's kinda my craft persona (sorry, I know how that reads!), my family begged me to protect them from my interweb rambling (actually they threatened me) and hell, I like it - it's a tiny affectation when you compare it to some. Give me a while, I'm sure I can come up with something to prove this point. Way back when I had the shop, there was a transatlantic Dunnit team, we had embroidered aprons so you could tell us apart and it was the start of me and my lovely American sister's dreams to have a shop called Sissy Dunnit's. But it's not my real name; the primary beneficiary named on the his life assurance poilicies is Mrs Julia Budd. Which is why I've changed my Facebook profile to show my real name. Believe it or not - and I hardly can myself - I have friends who don't craft, don't read my blog and certainly don't realise that I'm using a silly made up name. So they're rejecting me out of hand on Facebook; and I can't bear it! No really, it just makes sense doesn't it, if I'm ever going to warm to FB and get something out of it, it might help if the friends I try to hook up with know it's me. Bet you wish you hadn't asked now! But, that's me folks!
And now for something completely different: (yeah, I'm glad too!)
See this cute set of drawers? They're 3 foot tall (93cms to the under forties) from floor to top of cane sidey bit thingys. If you live within a striking distance of me that would make it worth your while, you can have 'em. We could meet half way or summat if you'd like. I'd be easy to spot...I'd be slightly taller than my companion - a three foot set of wicker drawers! Anyway, they're now looking for and free to, a good home.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

They would look good in my conservatory if someone else hasn't grabed them. Would need bendy bob to fetch them as only have a little car now and it's boot is filled with my electric transport!! Yeah the one i terrorise shoppers with!!!
Bendy bob is in London this pm but will be around tomorrow i think.

Annie said...

Hi Julia. Nice drawers! :-) My stock of cotton reels has outgrown it's drawer space and you appear to have a nice set of roomy drawers there [sounds a bit like a pair of Briget Jones']. I am constantly on the look out for a new more roomy set but mine have to be plastic so they dont gather dust. I will keep looking. A x

Unknown said...

Now that would be a funny name ... Julia Nice Drawers ... see comment above :0)
I cannot warm to Julia Budd ... it brings all sorts of images to ones mind including loutish behaviour in a former life while insisting on drinking Lager from a bottle ... you will always be Julia Dunnit to me and quite possibly upgraded to Julia Done-it ... which should be hyphenated and is really quite posh :0)

Anne said...

Pah, you'll always be a Dunnit to me!

Ann said...

Sorry, don't know any Julia Budd. But I do know a generous crafty person called Julia Dunnit. She's giving away her drawers apparently!

Angie said...

You are a Dunnit ....Budd doesn't fit you ...sorry .... JD Rules .....OK.
Love the tag ...its so pretty ...too nice to be just a tag ...better a Xmas Tree decoration???

Jay said...

Lovely set of drawers Mrs Dunnit. I hope the weather doesn't change. I'd hate you to get a chill in the nethers!

Chrissie said...

I had a child in my class years ago who went by the name of Budd, he ate everything in sight, pencils, salt dough, chairs...obviously no relation he would have eaten those drawers by now.
I do love to read your posts, they keep me in tucks!

Carmen said...

I just thought it was your surname - pretty cool and lucky seeing as you make stuff 'n' that... how very clever of you! I use my forum name on my blog too - but I suspect people don't really think it's my real name... just probably wonder why I've got such a stoopid non-craft related blog name ;)

I *think* (don't quote me on this) that you can now have usernames on FB but your real name comes up in searches and friend requests... not sure how you do it though.

I agree with Angie, purdy tag should be a decoration :D

Carmen said...

p.s - if I ever get clever enough to do cowl thingies you are first on the list ;)

Chris said...

Oops, elbow just fell off the desk, must have fallen asleep.........nah, never, your posts always have me in hysterics. I'm glad you've cleared up the name thing ;), I try to avoid FB like the plague, odd people that I foolishly accepted as friends keep popping up with instant message chats that I really can't deal with ;), so I'll stay here where you're Julia Dunnit. Fabulous tag by the way, I hope it has pride of place at Christmas. Chris x