Friday 8 January 2010

Am I late?

It's never too late to show us a workdesk. This is Stephanie Dunnit's (recognise the name - she's my sweet sissy and she makes things too, so we use the same nom de plume, just as if we were um, related). But see how sissy's life has moved on since she got swallowed up in that California scene, man. She's been to 'school' and turned out to be a designer. You can tell that by the totally awesome laptop she uses. And the type of magazine she flicks through. The note book is all about design, products, marketing and real life 'to do' things. See that there are two mugs. That's because she is very prudent and has a partner involved in this design business, one Dori Melton. They are both amazing women, not least because they can do it all on the computer; they know where to start and the real skill, in my opinion, they know when to stop! I'm not jealous, but I am in awe of my sister and her accomplishments and achievements. (She's a pianist too - has done real life concerts). Imagine how cool and groovy man it will be when my WOYWW picture shows my worktable strewn with her scrapbook papers or fabrics. OK, so the fabric bit scares me, but if I have to get into it, I will! So you're used to me whingeing and now I want you to brace yourselves for some bragging in 2010 too. Steph, Dori, I am so waiting to be on your DT!! (See what I did there - managed to make it come back to being all about me. Skill.)

Have a safe warm and fabulous weekend. It's Ludgershall crop tomorrow, so I'm gonna get my act together..I wanna have a crack at The Creative Type challenge - thanks to Pam.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

What a clever girlie sissy is. Have a fab time at the cleverly names Ludgershall crop ... if my memory serves me right it's the first one of the year :0)

stephanie said...

oooo Sissy, me and Dori are blushing. have a good crop. :)

stephanie said...

Creative type challenge? do show what you all come up with. love, love fonts.

Kaz said...

Ooo clever sister you have there Julia. x

Dori Melton said...

Blushing is right! I am the lucky one to be signing on with Stephanie. She never stops coming up with wonderful ideas and has no problem giving me assignments which I happily accept.

Carmen said...

Wow! She sounds like something amazing! Colours on that screen are pretty gorgeous I have to say and that magazine looks mighty interesting!

I took a peep at the Creative Type challenge the other day - can't wait to see what you come up with Julia :-)

Unknown said...

i think a touch of nepatism is in order to get on the DT - if you don't ask - you don't get!! Enjoy your crop.

Paula xx

Kit said...

wow, it will be fab for you to be able to use papers designed by your own sister :o) how clever

Claire said...

Liking your style Julia, if you don't ask, you don't get ;).
x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

2 clever siblings then eh? :)
Anne xx