Tuesday 16 March 2010

I went to the seaside and didn't see the sea!

I went to Japonica's 9th special workshop day at Exmouth and spent the day forcing some really lovely people to make up this mini album from a tin. It was great.
Papers by Magenta, stamps by Artemio. Love both, but the stamps are just sublime! Lots of people eschew the solid stamp styles but I really like them, they speak to me. Actually, all stamps speak to me. Currently, sadly, not one of them is talking to me about a great idea for an invitation. Yes if you're a regular here, you'll be shocked to know that I still haven't made the invitations - I can't find an image. Although while tidying this morning I found a text stamp that I love; I might have a play with that later - trouble is, Mr D has to like it too, so it can't betray too much sentiment! I'm in the middle of another Clock House for 2 Scrap Ladies too - amazing isn't it that you can be half way through something and you find yourself all inspired and moved to do another, but differently. I found that I had to force myself not to hurry the first one just so I could move onto another. A rare outbreak of self discpline I can tell you.

15 comments:

Annie said...

Julia stuck for ideas? That is something well worth an entrance in the diary :-)
Hope you sort it very soon.
A x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Gorgeous Julia - you can take that however you want hehe it works both ways ;) Love the papers and stamps.
Anne xx

Angie said...

I have not come across those stamps so I had a look and they do a wedding set ....maybe some thing simple like an imbossed sliver heart using their stamp or a wedding cake with the two dates on either side
I think you are having a melt down because it is important to you that it is just right so I'd go for simple ..... less chance of things feeling wrong ...and quicker to do lol xx

Carmen said...

That tin is so pretty. I have to say I like Angies idea.

Pam said...

Very pretty tin

Pam

Twiglet said...

Sounds like a great day even if you didn't see the sea - lovely album pages.

CoventryAnn said...

Great project (from another one who can't resist a lovely stamp....or two!!)

Kaz said...

That tin is gorgeous, I love solid stamps too. I bet you will finally get some inspiration at an unbelievably early/late hour xx

Paige said...

Are you sure there was really any forcing of lovely people to "get" them to make that great looking tin album.

Lyn said...

You wouldn't have to force me - the mini album and tin are lush and I love those colours.

I don't know about stamps talking to me, but I talk to myself when sorting through my stamps for inspiration!

Unknown said...

Hi Julia

Love what you've done with that album, the tin is something i have not seen before. what is your deadline for the invites? Love Angies idea, but why don't you go for the colour scheme you had for your wedding? Maybe a single flower stamp of a flower from your bouquet in the colour scheme. I'm sure you're lightbulb will ping soon!!!

Paula x x x

Angela Toucan said...

really pretty.

If you find yourself running out of time you could check my store - I have 2 printable wedding sets both include invites, reply cards and table stuff.

Ginny said...

what a great project, wish I could have joined in...how bout I grab some tins and meet you at the villa??? ;0) lol

mckinkle said...

Stunning makes Julia! Super colourway too!

Keryn x

Cauliflower Cupcake said...

This is such a gorgeous tin - really lovely!!
Rebecca (44) xx