Friday 2 August 2013

It's the little things...


  • It doesn't matter how many times or with which technique I use this stamp, I still love it.  It's by Stampendous.  The background is a text stamp by Kaiser craft.  The blobs of stain are actually squirty mica spray..but of course, it doesn't spray, it squirts.  Ah well.
  • The weather turned back into full on sunshine yesterday.  I loved it.  More please.
  • An unexpected visit into Aldershot town centre this week. And the car park I chose had signs in the parking meters saying 'There is no charge to park in this car park today'.  Nice.  A traffic warden I asked told me it wasn't a gesture of profound philanthropy....one of the meters had broken and the hassle from customers who lost money when the metres swallowed it wasn't worth the revenue. Whatever!
  • I went to Southampton University last week, to watch a friend Graduate.  It was a fab thing..and I'm still smiling over the memory.  The Enthusiastic Educator is now a teacher, and to prove that, she has her own class in a real school starting in September.  Her achievement as a part time student,  full time worker, full time mother...amazing. Never under estimate yourself.
  • I've had an email from 3M UKto say that they're going to have stock of ATG acid free tape again from the end of August...due to popular demand (and probably the outraged response at the idea of discontinuing it!). To celebrate they have the pink ATG on offer again.   I am not paid or bribed to tell you this..just sharing great news!
  • Another friend - y'all may know her has returned from holiday and is celebrating her birthday.  You know my joy at being younger?  If you don't, lie - totally worth it!
  • Despite it being mid summer and my stupidity with the link thing, WOYWW still has 150 visitors this week...and I'm still visiting.  Gotta love the circle that I blog in.
  • Mr Dunnit doesn't know this, but I'm going to have a wifely tantrum and INSIST that he has a day off this weekend.  Not for anything in particular.  Nothing, actually.  
  • You don't find me whining about getting ready for Crop.  Ha, lucked out, didn't ya!
  • 'Double dated' with Miss D and her lovely boyfriend last night.  OK, so we took 'em out for supper.  Same thing, isn't it?
  • I have 30 more squares to join vertically - that's the last two rows of the big blanket. Then it waits until the cooler weather arrives so that I can join the rows across the horizontal. Am a tad excited.
  • Excited that I've finally had an idea and got the stuff together for some fabric that I bought when Mary Anne and I had a morning out.  Don't hold your breath. I expect she's already made quilts and covers and lordy knows what..but I haven't.  Of course.
See - I can sum up the things that make me happy ....I thought you'd like a change from the 'I'm so busy and I haven't got time' whiner. I'm gonna link this up at Annie's too, have just realised it probably qualifies!  Have a lovely weekend!

28 comments:

Twiglet said...

Of course it qualifies! Great to know what you get up to in your busy life - enjoy! x Jo

Angie said...

What a happy list ....sorry I have deserted WOYWW for a while ...hoping eventually that Mojo will return ...well it better ....so much stash of all kinds. ....hope you get a relaxed day-off sometime SOON. xx

Annie said...

It certainly qualifies....and it's so good to focus on what makes us happy. Thanks for joining in this week....you have loads to smile about. :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

CraftygasheadZo said...

What a fab post with snapshots into your happy thoughts. Lush! Thanks for your visits this week, indeed I enjoyed showing Hannah, Keagan's GF!, how to make the bag album. She's nearly 15 but loves to craft so we often spend time in my craft room as she loves to see new products and loves to learn. Much to Keagan's amusement. I know right, me in a skirt, well 3 skirts that I've alternated between. I've even been brave with a shorter denim skirt a few inches above my knee, but on a normal height person it would be a mini!! Love your card, those stamps are just so lush, can see why you love them! Take care lovely. Zo xx

Laura said...

Oodles of things to smile about
Enjoy the day off with hubby

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

love the card and summery Julia :DD not woywwing :( at present not able to but jus' lookin' so dont totally go without and get withdrawals..love Shazx

Jennifer said...

What a fun link-up! Making a note to come back when my workdesk is unburied. :)

Unknown said...

I love that card, and now want that stamp. always skint, but worse than that I got a new bank card so have no paypal now for 3 DAYS!!!! while I get my card linked, aaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhh.

(no craft shops to speak of near me)

Lynda
(who still hasnt got aroun all those desks)

Claudia N. said...

Have a wonderful weekend too, Julia! :)

Claudia x

mamapez5 said...

You could also link this to Rocking Your World over at Celtic House where every Friday we list the positive things that have rocked our world this week. It's a good concept. I am just about to make my list. Kate x
Blogger ouldn't accept the 'http' link so I'll add it here.
http://celtichouse.blogspot.com.es/2013/08/rocking-your-world-friday.html

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad you left Annie's link to this fun Friday event. I'm going to join in next week. What a fun way to end the work week. Oh right, who works!! Not me. I play and read your blog.

BTW, I love that card. I seem to have the same unspraying sprays you have, too.

fairy thoughts said...

Great to read so much positivity in one post, way to go Julia. Definitely worth a big grin.
Janet

Helen said...

Well it sounds like a great week to me - hope you persuade Mr D to take a day off, I am sure he needs and deserves it.
Oh, and I love that Stampendous stamp too.... but it looks so much prettier how you've used it! Off to sulk now.

Laura said...

What a great list of happy things. Life is good. Happy Friday! ~ Laura

Anne said...

great post and made me smile. Anne x

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Glad to hear that you are insisting that Mr Dunnit has at least one day off this weekend. Remember, you never know what might happen, and you should always make time for life and good memories. I spent today, what should have been our anniversary, remembering all the good times in our lives. Live every day to the max. Have a great day together. xx Maggie

Crafty Lark said...

Great card and love the happy list. When I get more than my A4 bit of desk back I hope to join in. Love to visit the desks. xx Flora

jodpea said...

Wow, how many followers have you got? U only posted this yday and the pink gun is out of stock!

Nan G said...

Love the card and that stamp! I'm still visiting Deskers too. :) Hugs

Mrs.D said...

What an unusual card, but so pretty.
Anyone would be thrilled to receive that.
You take your man off somewhere this weekend, take a picnic somewhere nice, a river bank or a park.Enjoy yourself.
Is the big blanket patchwork or crochet? Winter is certainly the best time to do crochet, mine's on hold until the cooler weather too.

misteejay said...

Lovely card Julia and so many positives.

Hope you get Mr D to take that day off.

Toni xx

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card! A very happy post xx

Monica said...

Enjoyed this post as Ilie. Onthebed inour RVin Boonsville, CA.after a day at a barrel tasting a tour favorite vineyard I am recovering. AND bestowal Imet Krisha on Thursday in Bakersfield.

Francesca said...

Beautiful card, and love your post. i have been absent from WOYWW for the last 2 weeks as away on the high seas. So have some catching up to do. Hugs Francescaxxx

Sarn said...

Loving your pink and pretty card and I agree . . .the stamp may be an old one . . . but it's a glorious one! I still use mine - one of those stamps you'll never get bored of!

Great round-up! Loved it!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Carola Bartz said...

I have the very same stamp and I absolutely love it. It is one of my most favorite stamps - so so beautiful. I love the card you made and you just inspired me for making a journal with that stamp. Thank you!!

Shoshi said...

Oooh I love that card, Julia. I love the blobs too. The colours are so subtle. Bet it's gorgeous in the flesh.

A philanthropic traffic warden??? C'mon..... Lol!

Shoshi

Kezzy said...

LOL LOL LOL I am in stitches over your parking lol. All your happy moments have made me smile and a gorgeous awesome card as well, I love it :-) Kezzy xxx