Friday 12 June 2015

Sharing my happy...


Don't worry, it's just a phase. 
Currently, this text die is appearing on or in any number of cards that I've made. 
It's all lower case, so technically not correct, but I don't mind. (Note, I don't MIND, not I don't CARE.I deeply suspect that I do care, I'm just allowing myself not to....) It's not even even..a bit, uppy downy, which I love. 
It looks good no matter what I cut it from, which is a great reason to like it...it sure enhances a card. And actually, fills a card; it's quite wide. The yellow card is a 7 x 5 and the music styled one is a C6.  Another great reason to like it - despite the complication of joins, it releases from the die without fuss. Bonus, huh. Of course, I've had it a while, and discovered that I didn't get it from Shopkeeper Gal's amazing selection. Which led to a lot of investigative work. I'm pleased to tell you that this very font, this very style, these very words are available in die form from about three different die manufacturers. I bought mine from Make The Day Special. I can't remember the make, but it's not important to me. I have it, it's mine and therefore I do not need to know. Of course, I'll cut you some, share it, recommend it. I just can't name it. Nothing new here then!

9 comments:

Sue Jones said...

Ha Ha - i did look to see which make it was - it is a very pleasing happy font - Will look out for it ( and let you know if i find out ;) )

Helen said...

I love it! I especially love that it cuts in one piece (well two probably as I'm assuming the words aren't joined) saves all that fiddly fiddling... I might have to try and find one! The finished cards are pretty fabulous too.

RosA said...

Oh yes, that is a very nice happy birthday! I don't have any word dies, but I could quite possibly be needing this one :)

Sue said...

Loving both cards. The wording stands out.

Hope you have a fab fab Friday. Sue

mamapez5 said...

Ha! I think I shall look out for that one as well. My text dies are neither small enough nor big enough, so they are too big to go with an image and too small to stand alone! I love the music card, and I think the clef kind of compensates for the lower case letters. I do know that lower case initials would bother me a bit. I suppose I should get into gear and make a file for my silhouette. Stay Happy. Kate x

Twiglet said...

I am always a bit bothered about capitals etc but I agree - that looks fab and of course it's the message that matters really.x

misteejay said...

Super cards Julia.
Always a bonus when you find a die that cuts & releases without hassle. I have numerous word dies and I never seem to use them - perhaps a cutting session is in order so I have some to hand.
Toni xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I simply adore your attitude about not remembering the make of a certain product, your die in particular. I have a "thing" about naming products because it's free advertising for the manufacturers or the sellers. Unless I'm getting paid to tout someone's product, which I'm not, I'll not give them free press due to my blog post. So, make that die into another happy card like the ones we just saw, and you (and many of us) will be very happy!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Loving both of these. I really like that big music symbol too. I've listed things to do and at the top is Make Birthday Cards. Too nice of a day here for a change to be inside. Enjoy...